Our parish is responding to COVID-19 in several ways, out of prudence and care and in compliance with our diocesan directives.
The following points summarize our actions overall:
- We require all individuals over two years of age to wear a mask when attending services or classes held indoors, with the exception of readers (while reading), two choir singers, and the serving priest while serving. Please contact the priest if you have medical concerns about this requirement.
- We ask those with active COVID-19, known COVID-19 exposure, or COVID-19 symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, etc.) to refrain from attending events at St Nektarios.
- We do not require advance sign-ups, but we do limit attendance to what our facilities can hold while maintaining safe distances between families.
- We require attendees to sign-in upon arrival and to provide a contact number or email. These are held privately by the parish. They will only be used to notify those affected in the event of COVID-19 exposure.
- Coffee hour is held outside, taking advantage of our large lawn, porch, patios, and gazebo. Masks are optional outside.
- We observe attendance and time limits on inside gatherings such as classes. Classes are also available by Zoom using the link in the weekly email.
- Sunday Divine Liturgy and Saturday Vespers are streamed at our YouTube page for those unable to be present in person.